SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2015 /PRNewswire-iReach/ — Social media marketing has seen significant adoption by brands: 78 percent of companies now say they have dedicated social media teams, up from 67 percent in 2012. However, as a relative newcomer to the marketing mix, social media marketing is the subject of scrutiny and debate at the C-level of many businesses as they consider the optimum allocation of resources to this nascent channel.
To provide some answers to questions on the minds of chief marketing officers, Viralheat, creator of the industry’s most powerful content marketing and social media platform, has published a Social Media Marketing Impact report. The report considers the primary considerations of social media marketing (ROI, impact and influence) and provides a one-stop distillation of the latest research and findings from around the web.
Social media marketing ROI
- 60 percent of small to medium-size businesses acquired a new customer through social media in 2014
- During 2014, sales attributable to social media programs increased from $2.62 billion to $3.3 billion, an increase of 26 percent
- Those companies that maintained an active and extensive social media presence saw four times the ROI compared to those companies that limited their social media presence.
- Cisco reported saving more than $100,000 on a product launch through the use of social media
Social media marketing impact
- 83 percent of B2B marketers report using LinkedIn to distribute brand content, and 50 percent have generated leads through this channel
- inContact stated that those sales reps who used LinkedIn in conjunction with marketing automation software doubled their revenue per sale in just six months
- HR Block’s social media campaigns on Facebook and Twitter generated more than 1.5 million unique visitors and a 15 percent lift in business
- Half of millennials say social media influences their purchase decisions
WATCH THE VIDEO
To learn how to optimize social media to generate meaningful business results, watch this 13-minute video presentation: « Five Places to Look for Social Media ROI. »/
Viralheat is the enterprise content marketing and social media management platform that provides digital marketers with social media monitoring, publishing, analytics, content intelligence, and reporting in a single, intuitive interface. With its patented technology, Viralheat is leading the way in predictive social analytics that convert social media conversations into actionable sales leads. Global brands seamlessly integrate Viralheat into their sales, marketing and customer support workflow to derive a return on their investment in social media engagement. Situated in Silicon Valley, Viralheat is privately held and backed by the Mayfield Fund. To learn more, visit www.viralheat.com or follow @viralheat./
Media Contact: Tim Cox, ZingPR, +1-650-369-7784, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com