OAKVILLE, Ontario, June 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Its strength lies in the fact that it is user-generated content. ‘It’ is social media and in the second of RAVEN5’s five-part video and white paper series on contest marketing, the agency explores the benefits of using social marketing to support contest marketing efforts.
RAVEN5 president Michael Bickerton developed the Contest Marketing White Paper on social marketing. Bickerton notes « social has changed the landscape for many business models. »
- Social is now being used by small business to sell products and services.
- Social allows you to increase your exposure and reach.
- Social allows you to develop and promote your professional images.
- Social has permanence and longevity.
- Social has great mass and is relevant on multiple fronts.
- Social continues to grow and increase users on various platforms.
- Social attracts in various ways, personal, business and interest areas.
- Social is a communication tool.
- Social is embraced by all major brands and organizations
Bickerton adds « contests rely heavily on social media to increase engagement via social sharing. Marketers need to continue to be creative and evaluate how best to utilize these tools to reach the right people at the right time. »
In the accompanying video, « Social Media Pessimist » Sean Ely says « users rule… talk with them, not at them. » He adds, « if you truly want to use social media marketing correctly, as a brand, go ahead and pair it with some contest marketing to (sic) build your e-mail lists, develop more followers, gather useful data, create ‘key’ brand awareness, and distribute coupons. »
Download and view: Social Marketing White Paper and Social Media Marketing Done Right
RAVEN5 first introduced the contest marketing video and white paper series in May 2015. The series is aimed at expanding the agency’s reach in online consumer marketing.
RAVEN5 is a collaborative and creative group that provides all services in house, from conception to development and deployment. RAVEN5 offers a single focus approach as a contest marketing agency and ensures that campaigns will be well executed right from the get-go. The RAVEN5 goal is to create engaging experiences for consumers through fun and professional online contests while building brand-marketing channels. We are #ContestMarketing.