The new feature frees users to create highly-designed, app-like Web experiences without needing to rely on expensive digital publishing solutions
DENVER, CO – May 24, 2016 – Quark announced today the availability of QuarkXPress 2016, the new version of Quark’s popular graphic design and page layout software. Among many new features, QuarkXPress 2016 brings designers the ability to create HTML5 publications within QuarkXPress that can be previewed locally and displayed on all modern desktop, tablet, and mobile browsers.
Called HTML5 Publications, the new feature frees users to create highly-designed, app-like Web experiences without needing to rely on or pay for expensive digital publishing solutions. QuarkXPress 2016 is sold as a perpetual license, which means users can use the software as long as it remains compatible with supported operating systems. With HTML5 Publications designers can create their projects – such as ePapers, eMagazines, Webapps, and flipbooks – store them locally, and distribute when and how they choose using their own Webserver and domain.
Matthias Guenther, Director of the QuarkXPress Business Unit for Quark, said, “HTML5 Publications within QuarkXPress 2016 is quite possibly the easiest way to create and share Web publications – from books, magazines and newspapers to interactive marketing collateral.”
The Benefits of HTML5
With HTML5 Publications designers can either add interactivity to existing print layouts or create an app-like HTML5 Publication from scratch – no coding required. It’s possible to:
- Create print quality layouts that can be accurately represented in HTML5
- Add interactive elements such as videos, buttons, slide shows, and animations through an HTML5 palette
- Track usage and interaction through Google Analytics
- Create a fully-contained HTML5 Web publication including search, navigation, and help
- Have content be easily found by search engines due to the use of real text
- See thumbnail previews of each page of a publication for easy navigation
- Export layouts locally, including all assets within the layout, such as images, fonts and typographic features
- Add the entire publication to any Website
“Until now, designers have been at the mercy of proprietary digital publishing services. This makes it difficult to switch providers and locks designers and organizations into pricing structures and service offerings, potentially jeopardizing the longevity of and control over their digital work,” said Guenther. “Now even independent designers, non-profit organizations, and education institutions through to large companies and agencies can enrich content with all the benefits of HTML5 and without any additional costs.”