• The Basics: 28 years old. One son. Amarillo native. Randall High School/West Texas AM School of Music alum. Has been in current position for less than a month.
• Basic Job Responsibilities: “I create marketing materials such as brochures, signage, apparel, social content, video and photography. I also assist with media communications, social media, press conferences and City Council meetings.”
• Favorite/Least Favorite Parts of the Job: “My favorite part so far is the fellow staff – they are all great and friendly. Also, just the amount of things that are changing and growing within my home city. To be a part of it is very exciting. I have no least favorite parts so far, and I hope it stays that way.”
• Hobbies/Spare Time: “I sing opera, love painting and making handmade items, participating in the Amarillo Community Market, working out and running, spending time with my dogs and hiking in Palo Duro Canyon.”
• Guilty pleasure: “Tex-mex food. I can’t get enough queso, tacos or fajitas from Rosas … and re-watching “Game of Thrones” while waiting on the new season to start.”
– Dave Henry