Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group brings together Warner Bros. Entertainment’s home video, digital distribution, interactive entertainment/videogames, direct-to-DVD production, technical operations and anti-piracy businesses in order to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios. WBHEG is responsible for the global distribution of content through DVD, electronic sell-through and transactional VOD, and delivery of theatrical content to wireless and online channels, and is also a significant worldwide publisher for both internal and third party videogame titles.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
To create, plan, develop and implement the marketing plans for all allocated Game product releases to ensure that annual revenue and contribution budgets are delivered. To include day- to- day management of all marketing activity and management of the Marketing Intern. To review and recommend current processes within the division.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage all aspects of the UK Marketing plan for each allocated game title in order to achieve and exceed budget forecasts including:
- Briefing and managing all relevant agencies (media, events, social media, digital, promotions) to produce effective and engaging campaigns in the UK market.
- To brief and co-ordinate as appropriate all key elements of the marketing mix including advertising , media planning, advertising creative, publicity and promotions, packaging, POS, digital and social campaigns.
- Responsible for title PL, including budget allocation per sector and budget tracking.
- In conjunction with Customer Services Team manage localisation and creation (where appropriate) of all marketing and media materials for the UK market ensuring a timely delivery to retail and media outlets.
- Presenting strategy and plans to senior management team .
- Creating additional SKUs for retail and managing GWP opportunities to generate incremental sell.
- Developing WBIE UK consumer events and sampling strategy and managing events agencies where necessary.
- Evaluation of marketing campaigns and providing post campaign analysis by title.
- Manage digital content and season pass planning for all titles working with Sales Team and 1st Party platform holders to optimise sales performance and drive incremental profitability.
- Work closely with the UK Sales team a to ensure promotional opportunities are maximized on PC digital games, XBLA, PSN and ITunes.
- Manage lifecycle planning of all titles from new release through to catalogue (both at retail and digitally), highlighting key opportunities in market to optimise sales and drive incremental profitability.
- Represent WBIE UK at both internal and external events and conferences where required.
- Responsible for attendance at key UK gaming consumer shows such as The Brick Show and Eurogamer. From agency selection, stand design, build, staffing etc. This is currently a joint responsibility with the UK Product Manager.
- In conjunction with the Sales Team, Finance Team, Business Insights and Retail Planning provide accurate sales forecasts and budget. Feed into monthly rolling forecasts, and monitor current sales performance, highlighting implications on overall profitability.
- Responsible for PAP by title / franchises to ensure the correct level of investment against each sector in order to achieve business objectives.
- Responsible for budget management by title including Purchase Order creation and invoice payment, and new suppliers and services where necessary.
- To confidently and effectively liaise with key internal personnel from WBIE UK, WHEG UK, WBIE EMEA, WBIE USA generally throughout Warner Home Video UK and Warner Bros UK.
- Manage the sell in and marketing campaigns for all allocated franchises for New Release and Catalogue, which identify growth opportunities and achieve specific profitability objectives.
- To develop and present engaging and meaningful sales presentations to the sales team and customers on product releases and promotions is product evangelist.
- Work with Operations, Supply Chain and Sales Team to input into SOP planning and maintain build quantities through product lifecycle.
- Plan and implement cross-divisional initiatives with DVD, TV, Consumer Products teams and any other 3rd party franchise brand partners.
- Work with the Customer Marketing and to plan in-store investment to drive WBIE. Develop an ongoing programme of cross divisional and third party promotional activity.
- As part of the team assess acquisitions for WIBE suitability. Work with the Director, Sales Marketing, Finance team to analyse potential acquisitions titles and recommend acquisition strategies for WBIE.
- The WBIE representative for DC cross divisional franchise group.
- Manage and maintain relationships with 1st Party platform holders to optimise marketing opportunities, media trade partnerships to drive incremental sell.
- Manage and maintain relationships with key media partners to ensure WBIE UK can take advantage of tests and new innovations where possible.
- In conjunction with Promotions Agencies manage and coordinate 3rd Party Brand opportunities to create engaging promotions in line with franchise and brand values in order to drive incremental marketing and media value.
- To manage external suppliers and agencies ensuring best practise, cost economies and efficiencies.
- Manage relationship with LEGOLAND with forthcoming LEGO releases for each calendar year.
- Manage the WBIE UK Intern, introducing them to WBHEG, responsible for their training and integration into the working environment.
Analysis and Management
- To undertake specific analyses, reports and presentations as directed by the WBIE Director, Sales and Marketing and UK Senior Marketing Manager.
- To continually monitor market place activity and competitor initiatives.
- To plan, control and monitor agreed marketing expenditure budgets with approval of Senior Marketing Manager.
- To contribute to the annual budget process by providing relevant information and forecasts.
- To generate and drive efficient processes for the department under the supervision of Senior Marketing Manager.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/WORK EXPERIENCE
Previous Work Experience
- Proven experience in Product Management either in Games or the Entertainment Industry
- Good knowledge of core games and the way that they are played.
- Understanding of digital content drops.
- Proven experience and responsibility in managing budgets and PL ownership
- Either experience at Marketing Manager level or as next step up.
- Strong Power Point/Excel knowledge.
- Strong ATL media and social media knowledge.
- Knowledge of games playability and DLC process.
- Educated to degree level or of graduate calibre.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent within a Marketing specialism preferred.