The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Leads product marketing support of campaign launch activities for assigned titles.
- Trained product spokesperson responsible for interacting with and presenting products to media and consumers.
- Trained corporate spokesperson responsible for demonstrating products in videos, livestreams and live demos in trade show settings. Meets with media to present and discuss products. Responsible for understanding key consumer-facing messaging for assigned projects.
- Supports key product launch activities, community outreach and key branding initiatives based on predetermined strategy as directed by management.
- Provides insight into key product features, writes product marketing brief and prepares comprehensive product content outlines and supports all marketing and promotion activities to ensure accurate representation of product content and strategy.
- Drafts product information roll-out plan proposals and supports PR team in finalizing product PR plans.
- Writes consumer-facing marketing copy for use on Nintendo and retailer websites and Nintendo’s eShop and digital storefronts.
- Supports review of TV, digital and print advertising creative, providing feedback on product accuracy. Actively supports production of advertising creative in the role of product expert and collaborates on selection of game assets for inclusion in final advertising.
- Supports creation of consumer-facing trailers and other video assets designed to communicate key product features including pre-produced videos and video livestreams like Nintendo Treehouse Live. May include hosting or starring in videos.
- Educates internal teams and external agency partners on product features. Demonstrates products to internal teams, external partners, media and consumers.
- Evaluates games for quality and marketability and writes product evaluation reports. Under management direction, contributes feedback to game analysis for product improvements and appropriateness for North American markets.
- Maintains competitive knowledge of marketplace, monitors consumer reaction to assigned products, monitors effectiveness of PR activities and provides analytical reports on game market data.
- Department/Nintendo product champion. Understands game features and anticipates issues, and concerns for the projects in which directly involved.
- Bilingual: Communicates directly with Japanese development teams, coordinating asset approvals and communicating promotional plans as needed.
- Bilingual: Translates written and verbal communications including emails, product evaluations and other documentation, and conference calls with development and promotions teams in Japan.
- Bilingual: Performs interpretation for developer interviews with media.
- Contributes to development coordination and communication; performs some administrative duties.
- Often necessary to change duties, projects or direction on short notice.
- Up to 50% domestic and international travel.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Two to five years of related experience
- Strong writing skills, including experience writing consumer facing marketing copy
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of industry and Nintendo history
- Bilingual: Fluent in English and Japanese with strong bilingual spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to present product information and demos to internal teams and media.
- Ability to maintain a heavy workload on an ongoing basis
- Requires video game development experience in localization, external or internal development
- Professional writing skills, confidence and ability to present on camera and large groups (over 100 people) preferred.
- Excellent game play skills
- Undergraduate degree in Writing, Communications, Business, a related field, or equivalent education and experience
- Bilingual: Japanese proficiency test Level I or native fluency required
- Valid passport may be required
- Communicates effectively in a variety of settings and formats
- Builds relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions
- Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with urgency, energy and enthusiasm
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others toward common goals
- Acute attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to work with highly confidential information
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Ability to produce high quality results under tight deadlines
- Up to 50% domestic and international travel
Interested? Apply now.
Whether you’re just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what’s out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra’s Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.