Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Why stop signs are red, using microwaves to make bigger hard drives, video game marketing makes it clear nazis aren’t welcome.
- A secret pitch to the RBA to create an Aussie dollar cryptocurrency. [Business Insider]
- Ever wanted to know why stop signs are red? Real cool deep dive into the history of the stop sign. [Gizmodo]
- An Australian archaeologist looked at some marketing material for Assassin’s Creed Origins and decided to see if the hieroglyphs actually said anything. Spoiler: they do. [Kotaku]
- Western Digital are using microwave technology to produce bigger hard drives up to 40TB in size [Gizmodo]
- Australian recruiters are using robots to look at your CV [Business Insider]
- « If you are a Nazi, GTFO » is Wolfenstein 2’s latest marketing video [Kotaku]